|Yum, Steel Cut Oatmeal!!!!!!!!|
Oats of all kinds are good for:
1. Anti inflammatory properties.
2. In a mask or poultice it will draw impurities from the skin. The Mayo Clinic recommends oatmeal for soothing itchy skin conditions.
3. Incorporating heart healthy oatmeal in your daily nutrition will promote lowering of LDL the bad type of cholesterol.
4. In the winter I love oatmeal with some cinnamon, nutmeg, almond milk, and agave for dinner it is a lower calorie food and keeps you warm on those cold nights.
5. Oats help to maintain blood sugar control by slowing down the digestive process.
I prefer steel cut oats, they are a bit tricky to prepare and worth every bit of effort. Cook the oats the night before, add 1 cup of oats to 4 cups of boiling water.
- Stir for a minute, reduce the heat to simmer 25 minutes.
- Place the oats in a heat resistant container with a cover. You can add spices, nuts, or fruit to the mixture at this point. Allow the mixture to rest covered until morning, cut, add some almond milk, and enjoy.