Today I was thinking about the name of a song and for the life of me could not come up with it. I hate it when I do that, I begin to think, could I be getting old age memory already. It happens you know, to people even younger than me. I wonder if this is why old guys marry young women too help them remember. I will send a note off to Hugh Heffner and let you know what he says.
In the mean time, I decided to Google a variety of websites offering smart eating solutions to brain health, I took the top 5 suggestions from each site and here they are in order of popularity.
- Fish Oils from salmon, tuna, mackerel, herring or sardines.
- Berries including blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, and strawberries
- Whole Grains try Aunt Ann’s Granola it rocks whole grains
- Eggs provides 6 grams of protein each
- Dark greens are a source for many vitamins like A, C, and K and folate, plus fiber and minerals.
Besides eating well, the recommendation was mental aerobics. This is accomplished with interesting conversations, taking a class at an adult education center, reading good books, practicing meditation, and playing games.
Harley and I are already doing the top 5 nutritional recommendations so it looks like I will be playing more games. Here is a link from the AARP website where I found some interesting games.